PIETER MILLARD (1936 – 2017).
Well-known South African artist from Hartbeespoort.
Pieter Millard was born on 09 August 1936.
He was most popular for his loose impressionistic style and strong use of colour.
His works typically depict the rich diversity of South Africa, showcasing its landscapes, animals, flowers and people.
Pieter is passionate about his faith and his country, readily sharing his knowledge and life experience with all around him.
- Worked as a millwright.
- Completed an academic career in drawing.
- Lectured at a Technical College,
- Completed his theological studies.
- Trained and served as a minister of religion in various AGS assemblies around South Africa and South West Africa.
- Taught a wide variety of styles, mediums and techniques at various art schools and classes.
- Supported himself part time with his art in order to pioneer a children’s ministry.
- Established himself as an artist painting full time since 1981.
- Visited Europe and America where he has painted and sold numerous artworks.
His contemporary works are showing more color with a move towards expressionism.